Nova Scotians love their doctors – and they share their appreciation for their physicians on Doctors’ Day.
Usually celebrated on May 1, Doctors’ Day is when people from across Nova Scotia come together to express their appreciation for the hard work and caring that this province’s physicians exhibit every day.
Pop-up coffee shops
Because May 1 falls on a Sunday this year, Doctors Nova Scotia will be celebrating Doctors’ Day by hosting its popular pop-up coffee shops on Friday, April 29. Like last year, Doctors Nova Scotia will be popping up at 12 different sites.
Doctors Nova Scotia representatives will be on site from 8 or 8:30 a.m. until 11:30 a.m. to give out FREE coffee, tea, fresh fruit, Doctors’ Day swag and thank-you cards for patients to sign.
Pop-up coffee shop locations include:
8 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.
- Cape Breton Regional Hospital, Sydney, 2nd floor pedway
8:30 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.
- IWK Health Centre, Halifax, Outside cafeteria entrance
- Halifax Infirmary, Halifax, Mezzanine
- Victoria General, Halifax, Cafeteria
- Dartmouth General, Dartmouth, Main entrance
- Colchester East Hants, Truro, Lobby
- Cumberland, Amherst, Main entrance hallway
- Yarmouth Regional, Yarmouth, Main entrance lobby by Health Records
- South Shore Regional Hospital, Bridgewater, Main lobby
- St. Martha’s, Antigonish, Main entrance lobby
- Aberdeen in New Glasgow, Main entrance
- Valley Regional Hospital, Kentville, Lobby
If you can’t visit a pop-up shop in person, celebrate with us on social media! Last year, hundreds of patients shared inspiring and uplifting stories about how their physicians go beyond the call of duty to provide exemplary care.
On Twitter, tell us what makes your doctor awesome and include the hashtag #MyDocRocks!
We’ll be sharing your stories and tweets all day!