Copyright ©2013 Doctors Nova Scotia. All rights reserved. All information on this site is copyrighted by Doctors Nova Scotia or other contributors. By accessing this site you are granted a limited license to use the information for personal, non-commercial use, without modification or alteration, provided both the association’s copyright notice and this permission clause appear. Any other use requires the prior expressed written consent of Doctors Nova Scotia.
Yourdoctors.ca is a service provided by Doctors Nova Scotia for its members and the public. Doctors Nova Scotia is a not-for-profit professional association constituted under An Act to Incorporate the Medical Society of Nova Scotia, 1861.
The information contained on this site is provided for educational information purposes only. The information isn’t designed nor intended to constitute medical advice. Due to the complexity of medical care, you should consult a physician to determine the appropriateness of the information for making a treatment decision. Online resources aren’t a substitute for professional medical care.
Certain portions of the information may have been contributed by other persons. When a story is submitted to yourdoctors.ca an email notification will be sent to the user who submitted. A Doctors Nova Scotia administrator will review the story and once approved, the user will receive an email notifying them that their story has been published on the site. Doctors Nova Scotia reserves the right to not publish certain information, and to delete any information posted to yourdoctors.ca.
Any information created by Doctors Nova Scotia is believed to be reliable when posted. However, Doctors Nova Scotia makes no warranty as to the reliability, accuracy, timeliness, usefulness, adequacy, completeness or suitability of the information. The information provided on the site is provided “as is” and without warranties of any kind, express or implied. To the fullest extent permissible pursuant to applicable law, Doctors Nova Scotia disclaims all warranties express or implied including, but not limited to, implied warranties of fitness for particular purpose.
The information on this site may be changed from time to time without notice. Certain portions of the information may have been contributed by other persons and shouldn’t be assumed to have been reviewed or endorsed by the association.
Doctors Nova Scotia doesn’t warranty or guarantee the files available for downloading from this site will be free of viruses or other harmful components. The association doesn’t guarantee the information will be provided in an uninterrupted or error-free manner.
Any comments or materials sent to Doctors Nova Scotia including, but not limited to, feedback data, questions, comments, suggestions, corrections and bug fixes or any other communications (collectively “feedback”) shall be deemed to be non-confidential and Doctors Nova Scotia shall be free to use such ideas, concepts, know-how and techniques contained therein, and to use, reproduce, disclose, exhibit, display, adapt, create derivative works and/or distribute the feedback to others accessing this site without limitation and without obligations.
- Be respectful and stay on topic. We welcome comments and feedback, provided that you share your viewpoint in a way that is respectful to the members of our community. We will remove comments that are inappropriate, off-topic, misinformation, abusive or promote/solicit third-party websites. We will not tolerate personal attacks, racism, sexism, spamming and excessive posting. We reserve the right to remove comments that are not in keeping with our guidelines and to block or ban users who violate this policy.
- Our posts are not medical advice. While our authors have knowledge about the issues discussed here, they are not always medical professionals. Our posts are informational only and should not be taken as medical advice. Always seek advice from your physician or other qualified health-care provider regarding a medical condition.
- Comment moderation and response. We do our best to respond quickly to comments and feedback on this page. However, please keep in mind that this forum contains the opinions of other users. While we aim to ensure that all user posts respect these guidelines, we are not responsible for the accuracy of comments that have been posted by other users.
The laws in effect in the Province of Nova Scotia shall govern this agreement and any dispute or claim based on your use of the site or information. You agree that any action or proceeding relating to this agreement or your access to the site shall only be brought in the courts of the Province of Nova Scotia.
If you don’t agree to be bound by the above terms and conditions, click on the back button of your web browser until you have left this site.
Doctors Nova Scotia believes you should understand how it uses the information you provide and furthermore that you should have the right to approve the use of that information. Doctors Nova Scotia operates under the following set of strict privacy principles:
- This site doesn’t collect any personally identifying information about visitors except when specifically and knowingly provided by such visitors.
- Personally identifiable information provided by visitors won’t not be disclosed to anyone unless you indicate Doctors Nova Scotia may do so.
- Only statistical information about visitors to the website may be shared with any third parties. Personally identifiable information won’t be shared at any time without permission.
Yourdoctors.ca places a text file called a “cookie” in the browser files of visitors’ computers. A “cookie” is a small text file placed on your hard drive by a web page server. It’s essentially your identification card, and can’t be executed as code or deliver viruses. It’s uniquely yours and can only be read by the server that gave it to you. It can save you time and money by taking you directly to the pages you use most frequently. Cookies help the association to see which areas of the site are most popular. Many improvements and updates to the site are based on such data as total number of visitors and pages viewed. This information is most easily tracked with cookies.
The importance of security for all personally identifiable information about doctorsNS.com visitors is of utmost concern to Doctors Nova Scotia. The association exercises great care in providing secure transmission of your information. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100 per cent secure. As a result, while Doctors Nova Scotia strives to protect your personal information, the association can’t ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us. Once we receive your transmission, Doctors Nova Scotia makes every effort to ensure its security.
Contacting Doctors Nova Scotia
For more information on this privacy statement, email: firstname.lastname@example.org